There’s something about a good creamy coleslaw to complete a summer meal. This recipe is one of my favorite uses for our Bassett Farms organic cabbage and it’s an easy addition to a summer cookout.
Because I like to make my recipes fit all types of families and meals; this recipe can be scaled up or down depending on how much you want to make. Again, it’s super easy and can be modified to your taste! It can also be a great vegan side dish if you use vegan mayonnaise and omit the cheese.
- Prepare the dressing first. Combine mayo, sugar and vinegar in a bowl. Whisk together until the sugar is dissolved completely. Set aside.
- Using a knife, shred the cabbage, radish and carrots thinly. Combine into a large bowl. Add celery salt, if using, and toss.
- Poor the dressing over the tossed veggies, adding a little at a time and stir to mix. Add dressing until desired amount is achieved. Cover and chill.
- Refrigerate any unused dressing.
- Please note, after it sits for a while, there will be more liquid in the bowl – it comes off of the veggies! So don’t over do the dressing. You can always add more if needed.